WHY

The mission of COUGARS Daily is for the encouraging of believers in living out their faith daily in a 'post modern' and sometimes 'Anti-Church' culture. It is also a platform for seekers to feel comfortable asking tough questions. Please welcome everyone as we comment and post daily about 'A Slice of Infinity' from RZIM as well as challenge each other to walk behind the Good Sheppard.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

J.M. Njoroge-The New Atheism and Morality

Welcome God every morning by reading 'A Slice of Infinity' before work (~5 min). This daily 'snippets' version contains a quick synopsis of the daily reading. Please consider sharing your gift of faith by adding a comment at COUGARS-Daily

Verses pertinent to today's reading: What we do see is Jesus, who was given a position “a little lower than the angels”; and because he suffered death for us, he is now “crowned with glory and honor.” Yes, by God’s grace, Jesus tasted death for everyone. God, for whom and through whom everything was made, chose to bring many children into glory. And it was only right that he should make Jesus, through his suffering, a perfect leader, fit to bring them into their salvation. So now Jesus and the ones he makes holy have the same Father. That is why Jesus is not ashamed to call them his brothers and sisters. For he said to God,

“I will proclaim your name to my brothers and sisters.
I will praise you among your assembled people." He also said,
“I will put my trust in him,” that is, “I and the children God has given me.”

Because God’s children are human beings—made of flesh and blood—the Son also became flesh and blood.
For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the devil, who had
the power of death. Only in this way could he set free all who have lived their lives as slaves to the fear of dying. (Hebrews 2:9-1)

Slice of Infinity snippets: "Our failure to live up to what we know to be right provides empirical evidence for the need for God’s intervention in our lives."

Chad's comments: Congratulations to Capt. Dave and Mrs. Jenny Meece on the birth of Emma Grace!
See a picture of Emma on our blog.

Christian artist Aaron Shust has a song titled, 'My Savior My God'; The opening verse shows us the reality of our own lives:

I am not skilled to understand

what God has willed, what God has planned

I only know at His right hand

Stands one who is my Savior


I take Him at his word indeed (lyric?)

Christ died to save me this I read

and in my heart I find a need

of Him to be my savior

The reality of my life is that i constantly see my own sin and it reminds me of my need for Christ to be
my savior.

* Continue to make space for unbelievers
* 40 Days for Life campaign (ends 16 Mar):
* LIFE Devotions blog
* LIFE Prayers blog

No comments: