WHY

The mission of COUGARS Daily is for the encouraging of believers in living out their faith daily in a 'post modern' and sometimes 'Anti-Church' culture. It is also a platform for seekers to feel comfortable asking tough questions. Please welcome everyone as we comment and post daily about 'A Slice of Infinity' from RZIM as well as challenge each other to walk behind the Good Sheppard.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Remaining Awake - by Jill Carattini

Take ~5 minutes to read this 'COUGARS Daily' which contains snippets from A Slice of Infinity. Invite your family and friends to participate in reading with you daily. Then, consider sharing your comments or faith questions at CougarsDaily.blogspot.com

- And at his gate was laid a poor man named Lazarus, covered with sores, (Luke 16:20)

- And he called out, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus to dip the end of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am in anguish in this flame.' But Abraham said, 'Child, remember that you in your lifetime received your good things, and Lazarus in like manner bad things; but now he is comforted here, and you are in anguish. (Luke 16:24-25

A Slice of Infinity snippets:
For Christ’s is a theology that is far from assuming God’s only concern for humanity is that we make it to eternity. As Nicholas Wolterstorff writes, “God’s love of justice is grounded in God’s longing for the complete shalom of God’s creatures and in God’s sorrow over its absence.”(2) And so, the kingdom we discover in the proclamations of Jesus is one that turns social norms, status, and hierarchies upside down, one that reminds us that the beggar Lazarus has a name, a place, and a value beyond the one we may have given him. The words and actions of Christ call us to take seriously the world in front of us, because in fact, it matters deeply.

Chad's Comments:
I think I often miss out on serving others because I am too worried about being right or being on time. I am a people pleaser, and always wanting to keep my word. Perhaps, if I would promise less, I would have more time to serve when the opportunity arises.

Upcoming Cougars' "Neighbor-Day" weekend:
As a group, I will be challenging you to reach out to a neighbor. To invite someone over to your home whom you have had little to no contact with. This is not an effort to 'evangelize' them on the spot, but simply an effort to begin REAL relationship with them. Be in prayer about whom God would have you invite. More to come.

* Make Space for unbelievers in your life.

* Post your stories of God's intervention on the blog.
* Look for ways to share Awe and Wonder with children
- leave suggestions at CougarsDaily.blogspot.com
* Consider joining Life-Devotions (a group of about 100 catholics and protestants sharing their faith through daily devotions and discussion - strong pro Life content)
* Voice of the Martyrs

1 comment:

bfisk said...

"Perhaps, if I would promise less, I would have more time to serve when the opportunity arises."

This is a convicting thought Chad. I often schedule myself so busy, especially at this time of year, that I don't have any time for needs that might arise. Our Pastor said on Sunday that "true humility is serving others." How can we do this if we haven't made anytime for serving others in our schedule. If a need were to arise would I take the time to serve?