WHY

The mission of COUGARS Daily is for the encouraging of believers in living out their faith daily in a 'post modern' and sometimes 'Anti-Church' culture. It is also a platform for seekers to feel comfortable asking tough questions. Please welcome everyone as we comment and post daily about 'A Slice of Infinity' from RZIM as well as challenge each other to walk behind the Good Sheppard.

Friday, April 18, 2008

Good Theology - by Jill Carattini

Take ~5 minutes to read this 'COUGARS Daily' which contains snippets from A Slice of Infinity. Invite your family and friends to participate in reading with you daily. Then, consider sharing your comments or faith questions at CougarsDaily.blogspot.com

- If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. (Romans10:9-10)

A Slice of Infinity snippets:
God has given us a lifetime to explore the immensity of his love, the truth of his sovereignty, the vastness of holiness. But that you and I can approach God as Father, Christ as Son, and the Spirit as Comforter not only gives life inherent worth and meaning, it invites a relationship with the only one in whom we can say in life and in death, “It is well with my soul.”

Chad's comments:
A portion of today's reading made me pause and wonder if I agreed with the author. "Indeed, as good theology is the best answer to life’s crises..." Good Theology? I have to wonder if 'good theology' helps a cancer sufferer or a parent grieving the loss of a child. I'm not sure that my study of God would help me in a time such as this. But I am sure that my 'relationship' with God is what would help me because it is what I have clung to in the past. Maybe we're just mixing up words here and getting confused by the language. For the author does seem redeemed in this quote:

"Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control:
That Christ hath regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed his own blood for my soul."


Please lift up my friend Wolfgang's son, Zak. Zak is needing a supernatural healing in his back and we are desiring to see this. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

Upcoming Cougars' "Neighbor-Day" weekend:
As a group, I will be challenging you to reach out to a neighbor. To invite someone over to your home whom you have had little to no contact with. This is not an effort to 'evangelize' them on the spot, but simply an effort to begin REAL relationship with them. Be in prayer about whom God would have you invite. More to come.

* Make Space for unbelievers in your life.

* Post your stories of God's intervention on the blog.
* Look for ways to share Awe and Wonder with children
- leave suggestions at CougarsDaily.blogspot.com
* Consider joining Life-Devotions (a group of about 100 catholics and protestants sharing their faith through daily devotions and discussion - strong pro Life content)
* Voice of the Martyrs

No comments: