WHY

The mission of COUGARS Daily is for the encouraging of believers in living out their faith daily in a 'post modern' and sometimes 'Anti-Church' culture. It is also a platform for seekers to feel comfortable asking tough questions. Please welcome everyone as we comment and post daily about 'A Slice of Infinity' from RZIM as well as challenge each other to walk behind the Good Sheppard.

Friday, May 30, 2008

What Lies Beneath by Stuart McAllistar

Take ~5 minutes to read this 'COUGARS Daily' which contains snippets from the previous day's A Slice of Infinity as well as comments from you. Read the 'Slice' each day and email Chad with your comments/experience/prayers etc.

- For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. (Matthew 6:21)

A Slice of Infinity snippets:
..the philosophy of life to which we hold will also shape the expectations we attach to the goods we purchase. Where our hearts are dictates the hope we have in our treasures. The words of Christ bid us to ask: what do my habits of consumption reveal about me? And if we see problems with what lies beneath, can it really be that another string of purchases will be the solution?

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

Chad's Comments: When I read 'What Lies Beneath, I quickly began judging other people whom I think are materialists and comfort freaks. Knowing that despite the rising cost of fuel and the 'crunch' on global resources causes fighting amongst those who need it, I still ride around with my A/C on. Then I realized that when I prayed the "Our Father" this morning, I asked God to forgive my trespasses (something He can do) as I forgive those who trespass against me (something I can do). In the way that I am judging others, I myself will likely be judged. Lord, Help me to encourage my friends and family into loving relationships and please forgive my judgmental spirit.

Welcome two new participants: Jeff Gocking (a good friend from my college days - he actually finished =) ) and Uncle J (Kara's Uncle, a Catholic man who has felt and confirms the Holy Spirit working in his life)

Yesterday's posting of 'Let not your hearts be troubled' led Jay to share the following (thanks Jay for being so open to share your brokenness and your JOY!:
the story let not your heart be troubled hits home to me as it was just last labor day weekend that we lost my mother or rather she went with the lord that day,When she was told by the doctors that she could be kept alive on the c path machine which had he stressed out and vary uncomfortable to put in mildly asked her if she under stood and she nodded her head yes, i then asked her if she believed in Jesus ,again she shook her head yes ,and i told her if she took the mask off she would be with him that day ,A total look of relief over took her and she took the mask off and she became vary calm and was able to talk and asked for a coke and we had time to gather the entire family and one of her closet friends, plus the hospital minister, we all took turns telling her goodbye and prayed with her as she slipped away us to start her new life in heaven, but i remembered the ministers words today ,let not your hearts be troubled, for in my fathers house is many rooms, if it wasn't true i would not tell you this, p.s it was good for me right to tell this story even if i cried most of the way through it, not that my heart is troubled but for the glorious fat that awaited my mom and all that believe in him. God bless you all.

*Invite friends and family to join us on this faith journey.
*To comment on this thread, visit the blog.
*Read today's slice and email me with your comments/questions/prayers for
our next posting.

No comments: