WHY

The mission of COUGARS Daily is for the encouraging of believers in living out their faith daily in a 'post modern' and sometimes 'Anti-Church' culture. It is also a platform for seekers to feel comfortable asking tough questions. Please welcome everyone as we comment and post daily about 'A Slice of Infinity' from RZIM as well as challenge each other to walk behind the Good Sheppard.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Someone to Ask by Jill Carattini

Take ~5 minutes to read this 'COUGARS Daily' which contains snippets from A Slice of Infinity. Invite your family and friends to participate in reading with you daily. Then, consider sharing your comments or faith questions at CougarsDaily.blogspot.com

- For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me. Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you may be justified in your words and blameless in your judgment. Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me. Behold, you delight in truth in the inward being, and you teach me wisdom in the secret heart. Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones that you have broken rejoice. Hide your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities. (Psalm 51:3-9)

A Slice of Infinity snippets:

Forgiveness and justice are qualities yet on the lips of those who proclaim that we do not live in a moral universe, but a universe void of order and purpose. As one humanist society agrees, "Our forgiving self is the strongest, most loving part of who we are."(3) Another explains, "If we pray, we know we are talking to ourselves--and who doesn't do that, and gain benefit from it? If we ask forgiveness, and for the strength to follow the light of our conscience, we know we are expressing our desire to be better people."(4)

But can there be such a thing as the light of conscience if there is no moral universe, and humankind is but a product of chance? Can we speak of the power of forgiveness if there is no such thing as higher law? And should we ever find ourselves in need of forgiveness if there really is no one to ask?



* Make Space for friends in your life. Enjoin them to belief.

* Post your stories of God's intervention on the blog.
* Look for ways to share Awe and Wonder with children
- leave suggestions at CougarsDaily.blogspot.com
* Consider joining Life-Devotions (a group of about 100 catholics and protestants sharing their faith through daily devotions and discussion - strong pro Life content)
* The Street Church
* Voice of the Martyrs

No comments: