WHY

The mission of COUGARS Daily is for the encouraging of believers in living out their faith daily in a 'post modern' and sometimes 'Anti-Church' culture. It is also a platform for seekers to feel comfortable asking tough questions. Please welcome everyone as we comment and post daily about 'A Slice of Infinity' from RZIM as well as challenge each other to walk behind the Good Sheppard.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Our Father by Jill Carattini

Take approximately 5 minutes to read this shortened version of yesterday's 'A Slice of Infinity'. Post comments to the blog for spiritual collaboration. Please email your prayer requests too.

There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am.
John 14:2-3

...such is the startling, radical message of Christ. There is a Father who knows you by name, in whose house you are invited to be who you are, to live and work and play as God created you. There is a Father who waits, who longs to gather his children together and take them into his arms. Some will be transformed, some will be broken, some will refuse to be gathered. But God offers us a place, positioned within the greater offer of adoption. He is our Father whose name is hallowed and whose kingdom we seek, whom we know through the Son and worship as children. His name is Abba.

Comments: In his new book titled, "The Shack",
William P. Young depicts God as saying, "And let's say that I know it will take you forty-seven situations and events before you will actually hear me-that is, before you will hear clearly enough to agree with me adn change. So when you don't hear me the first time, I'm not frustrated or disappointed. I'm thrilled. Only forty-six more times to go. And that first time will be a building block to construct a bridge of healing that one day-that today-you will walk across." Ch 13 ppg187

No comments: