WHY

The mission of COUGARS Daily is for the encouraging of believers in living out their faith daily in a 'post modern' and sometimes 'Anti-Church' culture. It is also a platform for seekers to feel comfortable asking tough questions. Please welcome everyone as we comment and post daily about 'A Slice of Infinity' from RZIM as well as challenge each other to walk behind the Good Sheppard.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Information War by Margaret Manning

Take approximately 5 minutes to read this shortened version of yesterday's 'A Slice of Infinity'. Post comments to the blog for spiritual collaboration. Please email your prayer requests too.

To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." (John 8:31-32)
Ultimately, the truth of the gospel sets us free and liberates us from fear as we follow Jesus. Liberation can serve as our guidepost as we persevere against fear, divisiveness, and a propensity to judge first and listen later--especially towards those enlisted in the same battalion. Our Lord’s words were that we should abide, remain, and rest in him because even the gates of hell--in whatever form they take--would not prevail. Abiding in Christ liberates us to seek the truth through the sea of information, and frees us from the fear of being ensnared by it. Yes, abiding, liberating, and remaining in Christ may seem a simple response to the onslaught of the information war--maybe even simplistic. But perhaps it is necessary regardless, and somehow, by God's grace, it is corrective as well. In the war of information, the truth of Christ cuts a clear path and issues a clarion call. Our confidence is found in Jesus--confidence that liberates rather than wounds, confidence that inspires us to speak the truth in love to a world warring over information.


Comments: About a week ago I decided that I wanted to bathe my wife in the WORD of God so that she would be overflowing with the truth when an onslaught of information comes her way. (
So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ. Romans 10:17) I have begun listening to 'the Daily Audio Bible' podcast the past few days and I am already seeing the 'benefits' of hearing the word of Christ. There was a verse that came up two or three times in my devotional episodes yesterday. I have always wanted God to give me appropriate versus for situations but rarely have I felt like I could recall scripture the way God would have me do it. However, yesterday, I was able to 'hopefully' encourage a fellow minister through this verse. The verse was at the top of my mind because I was bathing myself in the Word.

If you are struggling with doubt or questions, may I encourage you to begin bathing yourself in the Word of God. Faith through hearing! Try the Daily Audio Bible podcast, or some other form of getting the WORD into you. In the famed words of Michael Jackson, JUST EAT IT!


Prayers: My Aunt Barb is in Rehab. Kathy Curtis, the wife of my childhood pastor and good friend of my parents, has been diagnosed with cancer in her Lymph nodes. Widows and Orphans. Justice. Our leadership.

No comments: