WHY

The mission of COUGARS Daily is for the encouraging of believers in living out their faith daily in a 'post modern' and sometimes 'Anti-Church' culture. It is also a platform for seekers to feel comfortable asking tough questions. Please welcome everyone as we comment and post daily about 'A Slice of Infinity' from RZIM as well as challenge each other to walk behind the Good Sheppard.

Monday, June 30, 2008

My God is King by Jill Carattini

Take about 5 minutes to read this snippets version of The previous day's 'A Slice of Infinity'. Follow up by reading TODAY'S SLICE and forward any comments on your faith journey.


But Ruth replied, “Don’t ask me to leave you and turn back. Wherever you go, I will go; wherever you live, I will live. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God. 17 Wherever you die, I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord punish me severely if I allow anything but death to separate us!” (Ruth 1:16-17)

I went away full, but the Lord has brought me home empty. Why call me Naomi when the Lord has caused me to suffer[a] and the Almighty has sent such tragedy upon me?” (Ruth 1:21)

“But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives,
and he will stand upon the earth at last. (Job 19:25)

A Slice of Infinity Snippets:
A story written in antiquity that continues to exceed contemporary standards of what is considered “good storytelling” is more than a little interesting. The book of Ruth has drawn accolades from many voices for many years. Goethe held that it was "the loveliest complete work on a small scale" while another pronounced, "No poet in the world has written a more beautiful story."(1) The book is simple and honest, the lives it gives account of both ordinary and compelling.


Comments:
I've recently had a thought regarding someone I have been trying to witness to for awhile. Perhaps the further steeped into a world of rejecting God (through mind-self aggrandizement, body-drugs or vanity, spirit-religiosity) the more they will begin to see the truth of God. What I mean is; when we see a lie in full strength, we recognize it.

There may be a point at which God 'gives them over' to their selfish desires; yet I also know that many must reach the bottom before they will look up. I think a man either finds a way to humble himself, or, he goes mad.

May we continue to pray that we see God's grand story being painted onto the lives of our family, friends, neighbors and even our enemies.

*To comment on this thread, visit the blog.
*Read today's slice and email me with your comments/questions/prayers for
our next posting.
*Check out Life Devotions and see if you would like to receive their daily snippets.
*Invite friends and family to join us on this faith journey.

No comments: