WHY

The mission of COUGARS Daily is for the encouraging of believers in living out their faith daily in a 'post modern' and sometimes 'Anti-Church' culture. It is also a platform for seekers to feel comfortable asking tough questions. Please welcome everyone as we comment and post daily about 'A Slice of Infinity' from RZIM as well as challenge each other to walk behind the Good Sheppard.

Monday, November 3, 2008

Mountains Beyond Mounatins by Jill Carattini

Take approximately 5 minutes to read this shortened version of yesterday's 'A Slice of Infinity'. Post comments to the blog for spiritual collaboration. Please email your prayer requests too.

But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ. For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, Ephesians 2:13-14 NIV
Slice of Infinity Snippets:
What is at the top of the mountain you climb? Do you need to persevere or turn around? Is it a mountain you need the faith to move or one God in his mercy must demolish? The picture of faith we carry as Christian pilgrims is one that offers hope for any road we might face. "Every valley shall be lifted up, and every mountain and hill be made low; the uneven ground shall become level, and the rough places a plain. Then the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all people shall see it together. For the mouth of the LORD has spoken" (Isaiah 40:4-5). We persevere through uphill battles and threatening winds because Christ has prepared for us the way to the Father. We persevere because we follow a God who moves mountains.

Comments: Last week I submitted a verse for your thoughts. It was
Titus 3:1-2 Remind the believers to submit to the government and its officers. They should be obedient, always ready to do what is good. They must not slander anyone and must avoid quarreling. Instead, they should be gentle and show true humility to everyone.
Today I want to add this one: Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.”- Romans 13:1

Shannon asked for my thoughts on the Titus verse and I told her I would think about it more. One opinion I might give is something I learned from the book called 'The Shack'. When asked about rules and regulations in the Bible, the God figure in the book responds with something like: "do not look for rules and ordinances, but look for relationship." While I cannot say that I would that 'the Shack' as gospel, I do like the idea of setting aside a performance based mindset and looking toward God as a friend whom I long to be with. With that said, I am still thinking on the context of these verses and how they may apply to me today. However, as I do so, I keep my God in the center.

Prayer Request: John Harrington (Fellow Cougar and my brother-in-law) has been training for some time in anticipation of passing a physical examination for the FBI. Yesterday, he was playing basketball and blew out a knee. He is distraught as the FBI is something he was putting a lot of energy and hope towards.

No comments: