WHY

The mission of COUGARS Daily is for the encouraging of believers in living out their faith daily in a 'post modern' and sometimes 'Anti-Church' culture. It is also a platform for seekers to feel comfortable asking tough questions. Please welcome everyone as we comment and post daily about 'A Slice of Infinity' from RZIM as well as challenge each other to walk behind the Good Sheppard.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

REAL relationships / POINT evangelism intro

Today, ask yourself this question:

How do I know God loves me?
Than ask, How do I convey to someone else that God loves them?

Our culture is filled with Modern and Post-Modern mindsets. Both of these are man made philosophies on living life. Moderns are prone to accept information before relationship. Whereas, Post-Moderns are likely to accept the persuasion of their relationships before, if not over, information.

Example: I know God loves me because:
Informationally- The Bible tells me so
Experientially- Someone who has loved me told me

In ministering to today's post-modern / post-Christian culture. I suggest getting people to FEEL that you care for them. I believe the modern mindset will also appreciate this approach.

At our church we try to implement POINT evangelism:
Personally touch people (Luke 10:25-37)
-Take time out of your busy schedule to look into their eyes and see the hurt of their lives, why they are the way they are; and why they do what they do.
- People are convinced that no one cares about them or what is really going on in their lives
Occasionally encourage them (Luke 5:27-32)
-People want to be touched at their point of pain, but then they want to be left alone.
-You must earn the right to be heard. In order to be heard, it takes time and a willingness to
build into the lives of people
I
N
T

Let's work on the first two this week. More to come in the weeks ahead.

May you be Christ to someone today.

Chad

Audio of REAL teaching and POINT evangelism

No comments: